Monday, April 30, 2012

Cuzcotopia

Okay well we can all thank JF for this post....:)  After some prodding and pleading, here are the way before pictures of our house.  This pictures were taken about 7 months ago, so here we go. Also we have cleaned up the property and done many improvements since moving in, so don't be totally grossed out by the pictures.  And we may or may not have had run-ins with turtles, toads, termites and ticked-off neighbors. But let's not get carried away in this post, maybe ask me on a rainy day or maybe when you're older.

Tadah!  Here is the front...lovely, little cottage.


Other side of house, and now I am a professional bush remover, after having removed all seen bushes.
Front Door
Living/Dining Area
Study, which will soon be turned bedroom after we move the door into the hallway and drywall over this doorway
Architectural Features
Cracks on wall from foundation, or water damage, or one of said creatures
Another view of dining room/living room area
Lots of nice light and view of the neighbors brick :P
Master bedroom, and don't ask about the carpets, you don't want to know.
Another view of master bedroom.
Another view of master bath, don't you love the blue tape.
Candles for ambiance...ew.
Hallway.
Other bath.
Alex's room, which happened to be the cleanest in the house, not anymore. sigh.
Another view of study and entry way.
Kitchen.
Backyard, we have now built a small fence around our air conditioner, because our child has an X-treme obsession with them.  In fact, we are planning an intervention, if you would like to join in, let me know.  Oh you have NO idea.
Ginormous tree that has been trimmed down and that will be cut down soon.  Its days are numbered.  Sadly we missed Earth Day...Oh I am JUST kidding.  We will be planting another tree on the other side.
Other side of yard, and the yard does wrap around the other side of the house but we do not have pictures.
Okay, so not too shabby for our first fixer-upper.  If you are grossed out, I'm sorry, you don't have to come over.  We have already been doing so much on this house: ripping out bushes, cleaning carpets, vacuuming carpets, replacing things and more cleaning.  In fact, I think I will permanently smell like cleaning products.  Oh well, we love it and we love working on it, in fact today I planted my first flowers, it was fun and dirty.  We have tons of projects going on, so sadly the blog may suffer, but I will try and post after pictures when we have completed things. And a special thanks to Alex for playing semi-quietly in his room, so I could post this.  Love ya. J-Ro out.

4 comments:

jeffylou said...

Love it! What a great house:) Have a great time making it your own!

HeatherLovesClay said...

So excited for you! You are so lucky to have married someone who can do all of the fixing up and personalizing that you want done. Happy Homeownership to You!

Mary said...

So whenever you talked about your house I pictured this run down, old, brown looking house. But dude, you guys have a nice house!!! It looks great, and I bet you guys have made it look even better. Congrats...maybe one day we can be as cool as you guys!...maybe

Shalisa Hazleton said...

That looks like a fun place to make your own. Yea!