Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Annual Birthday Post

I was sick AGAIN on my birthday.  I really think it was an evil birthday wish come true.  You remember how they say be careful what you wish for, well I had been wishing for sleep and rest for a VERY long time.  So much that I would even dream about someone injecting me with something just so I could be unconscious for a long time.  Well, being sick is the next best thing I guess.  I had a fever and slept most of the day.  Next year, we all know what the goal will be...to stay well for the birthday.  Oh well.  Here is the annual birthday post, I know you have all been looking forward to it, so without further adieu....

New things you may not know about me....
1. I like more peanut butter than jam on my PBJ sandwiches.
2. At any time, I can tell you what I am craving, and it will usually be unusual, i.e. hamburger helper, cool ranch doritos, pistachio pudding...um you get the point.
3. I had a severe illness this past year that made me lose more than 15 lbs, and it has been harder than you think to put some of that weight back on.
4. I love coconut smelling things and tasting things.  Probably my favorite flavor combination currently is coconut chocolate...YUM!
5. Don't watch very much tv, like less than an hour a week on average but listen to music ALL the time.
6.I  HAVE AWFUL TEETH!  and it is not because I never brush...I DO, I promise.  I currently am glad to say that I can chew on one side of my mouth.  Thank you porcelain crown and root canal.  ugh.
7. When I was seven we moved from Boulder, CO to Broomfield, CO.  I really loved Boulder and all the friends that I had there.  I was so sad to leave.  I remember crying a lot when we moved.  Then I remember I had to get glasses the next year.  I blamed the move and all my crying for ruining my eyes.  I still kind of believe it to this day.  Or the ruining may have taken place when I would get up in the middle of the night and and sit right in front of the tv and watch when I was really little....who knows.  :)
8. I have lost over 20 pairs of sunglasses in my life.
9. Never realized how much I would miss the mountains and Colorado, Texas is great but there is no real comparison.
10. Have sadly figured out that two of my vices are buying things and eating things (or buying things to eat!), to make me feel better.  Luckily I never buy expensive stuff, just take occasional trips to the the thrift store.

I know, I am an odd duck. Just glad to know I still have friends besides my many faults.

2 comments:

Shalisa Hazleton said...

Those are good things to know about you. And I'm so sorry you were sick on your birthday! I hope you are better now.

jeffylou said...

Happy Happy birthday! You are an odd duck, welcome to the club:)