Tuesday, January 6, 2009

3 Horrible Snowstorms, 2 Car Wrecks and a Slice Through my Hand with a Knife.

Oh yes, oh yes. Those are the things that my true love gave to me this glorious holiday season.

3 Blizzarding Snowstorms- It has been snowing at least every other day this season and for part of it we were snowed in in Monticello for Christmas, at least that was fun. Yesterday it took me 1 hour and 30 minutes to get home from work instead of 20. Pure awfulness.

2 Car Accidents- Beacause of the wonderful snowstorms, I was able to scratch my car twice. Thanks to wonderful mailboxes (it felt like a Chelsea L. experience) and ticket taker machines (don't ask and I won't tell to perserve my dignity). Needless to say Pearly (our car) is not as immaculate as she used to be.

1Knife Cut- Now Phil was very thoughtful and bought me some new Chefs' knifes for Christmas. I was making chicken fajitas last night excited to use my new knifes and sliced through my hand in an attempt to depit an avocado, blood and mayhem ensuing. The knife sliced through the pit and into my hand. We did not go to the doctor, hoping that all would be okay. For right now the pics are too gruesome to be posted.

I hope you all appreciated the one hand post and had a less eventful holiday season. Happy New Year!

8 comments:

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

I almost got Cami knives for Christmas this year too. I am glad I didn't. But with the sewing machine she got maybe she can make two of her fingers become one...knock on wood. Sounds like a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I would do anything for some snow, so count your MANY blessings.

Eldredge Fam. said...

I think I may have beat your awfulness for the season. If not I'll come close. I'll post our experiences soon.

Unknown said...

The good thing is, we are gaining experience with all of this. Jen has never had really big cuts like this before. I told her that now we have a little practice for when our kids get big gashes and banged up. This cut is nothing compared to some of the doozies that my family members and I have gotten growing up. So, since I’m contributing my “accident-proned-genes” to our future kids, she and I will need some experience with this.

Also, Jen has not had many fender-benders like I have had. She had one huge one many years ago (not her fault) but nothing since. She really hasn’t driven much since then either because she didn’t have a car to drive after that accident. Since we’ve been married, I do most the driving and so her recent fender-benders are giving her experience that she will never forget. At least no one was hurt…

Jenelle said...

Like Phillip said, you married into an accident prone family. If you've noticed my family has their fair share. Get used to it, it only gets worse....GOOD LUCK!

Francom Family said...

You need to move down here sooner than I thought. Their isn't much you can hit (oh, except deer), and I will let you use some of my old crap knives, they won't cut through anything;). Sorry about your hand, I swear it makes it so hard when your hand gets a really bad cut.

jeffylou said...

Good grief! Sounds like you need to come up so you can chill.:) Hope the hand is doing better. I'm sure we can compare cool scars! Mine was brownies.

Jenelle said...

This had nothing to do with your post, but if you ever want me to make you some more jewelry, I'd be happy to. I love giving people stuff, it is more fun for me than acutally making it. Honestly,let me know!

Shalisa Hazleton said...

Hey check out my blog, I tagged you.