Friday, February 25, 2011

Just me

It's hard to believe right now that February, which is usually the shortest month has been the longest month since we moved here. Let me set a precursor statement to this blog post, I love it in Texas, I love that we have a job, I'm really starting to love our ward and this definitely has been one of the best decisions for Phill's career. We are so happy and grateful for the people that we are meeting and the experiences that we are having.

With that said, I just felt like writing today. It has been a long time since I just wrote how I feel. Honestly today, I was in a room full of people and felt completely alone. It was one of those moments that you are really reflecting on your life. You look around at the people just going through life and I thought to myself, what the heck am I doing here? It is very hard moving to a new place where you don't really know anyone. And sometimes you feel like it doesn't get any easier.

It is also very hard when you feel so out of place. In the midst of succesful people, it is easy to get lost in what you feel like you should be wearing or having your children doing. Sometimes I feel like I strive so hard just to feel normal like I am, or at least somewhat normal :).

One thing is for sure. I am so thankful for the Gospel in my life, especially for my Savior. Through this experience, I have come to know him more and more. With him, I am never truly alone. Thanks for reading....this blog to me is so many things: a joy, a sounding board, a realistic approach to life...you know me I don't sugar coat or optimize. Thanks for reading...now go have a super day.

3 comments:

Jared and Jess said...

I know how you feel sometimes. It took me a long time to fill a part of things here. I still have those feelings though from time to time. Hang in there. We'll have to get together again soon. :)

jeffylou said...

I love how a blog can make you feel like the people you love are just in the next room! You are awesome and I'm sure you and Phil are growing so much as a couple. Don't we all have those reality checks, but I think they are so healthy because that's when we are proactively making our life what we want it to be. We love you guys!

Shalisa Hazleton said...

Thank you for the post. I've been there but at least you know you have the Savior. We REALLY miss you guys! I wish I could do more for you guys.