Monday, September 29, 2008

It's the Greatest Show on Earth....

We went to the Circus on last Thursday with our friends Jason and Heather (and their wonderful baby Allison). It was really fun. Phill and I had been to Cirque du Soleil (Cicus of the Son, for you non-frenchees) before, but this definitely was not the same. Ask Phill sometime what he thought about Cirque du Soleil..he was not amused. Unluckily, we were sitting next to a family that had a very loud crying child. They would not take their child out even though it was loud and other people were even starting to give them hairy eyeballs. Phill was restraining himself very well, by the end of the night I had a headache....However, it was very fun and entertaining to go to the circus.


Here are our wonderful friends Jason, Heather and Allison. This is a picture of someone else taking a picture of them. Its what I like to call freelance. Sometimes pictures turn out better when you are not really looking at the camera.
This is one of those steel cage balls, where motorcyclists ride around inside of it. They actually fit seven motorcyclists inside this ball. They kept riding around and you thought that they were going to run into each other. This is obviously an example of my wonderful action shot photos. It is so horrible. I never realized how hard it is to take an action shot, in the dark, with people around you giving you dirty looks. I think the lady in front of me was sure that I had never seen a camera before...haha oh well.
I look like I am on drugs in this picture. It is funny how I don't think this picture really looks like me. It must be old age setting in. Too bad, I was having a good hair day (which a far and in beween with my hair). You can also see the "obstruction" view behind us. We bought the cheaper ticket and found that it had "obstruction view" written on the tickets. We saw that there was some huge equipment hanging from the ceiling, also we missed the Elvis impersonator on a motorcycle in the acrobatic routine. We could see most of the show on the jumbotron and their wonderful spandaxed shadows. It was a great show for a great price. Who would pay $80 for floor seats (probably rich people).
More pictures of the steel ball of death....
The cousins posing for some shots. Jason always has wonderful faces....:) I forget what he is pointing at....hmmm


When we got there, there were animal rights activists outside handing out information about how the animals are treated. It really made you think if the animals are treated fairly or not (elephant with chains around their ankles and ferocious felines looking sad and abused). Then I heard that Barnum and Bailey had recently built a huge Elephant Refuge for their elephants. I don't know if this was a good idea...soon the elephants will be too spoiled to perform their tricks. They will be less and less manageable and want to stay in their sweet refuge.

We would definitely recommend going to the circus, it was really fun. Maybe buy the "obstruction tickets" and you will get a deal.

3 comments:

Eldredge Fam. said...

I think Dave and I went to the circus last year for my birthday, no that was the zoo; the year before that. It was fun. I'm glad you all had a fun time. We'll all have to go when we get back to UT.

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

Nice use of the phrase "hairy eyeball"...I love it! Also love the freelance photos...I know how that goes all too well! It looks like you guys had a blast! Good point on the elephants. We miss you!!!

Francom Family said...

Looks fun. I'm glad you let Phil go visit his family at the circus, I'm sure it met so much to him. I was wondering what kind of "eyeballs" you guys were giving us when we visited, now I know they were hairy;). By the way we are way excited for you guys to come visit.