Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"But Pam's so Tan"

Sometimes it is just too easy to sit back and look at everyone elses blog instead of your own.  haha. 
Well what have we been up to...Phill has been working hard or hardly working....when he has been traveling all over the midwest.  He has now been to Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Indiana, Arkansas and pretty much all around the state of Texas lately.  Luckily, his trips have not been very long...the longest lately has been 4 days...which is really do-able compared to four weeks...bleh.  When he is not all over the country, he can be found playing new games on his iphone...that his work got for him....wohoo (and I get to reap some of the benefits as well :).  Can't wait till we can afford one of my own in a million billion years.  Also, he tries to keep up with the playoffs and finals in basketball, as well as get some of his nerdyville time in...its kind of like farmville but nerdy...just kidding its not.  He loves to play Starcraft II online with his bros, nephews and bros in law.  If you really would like to know what it is like....you can talk to him....but I do have one word fer ya....zurgling....who wants to play a game with a word like zurgling.  Actually the new pet name I have is inspired by the game....nerdling. 

I have been just chillin like a villain mostly.  We got back from a long trip to Colorado and I do have to say it wasn't the greatest trip ever.  Alex did not like to sleep in the icebox known as our basement and it was FREEZING there.  But highlights as there were.....beautiful day for my bros high school graduation (so proud of him), seeing my other bro...who lives in Idaho, having alex run down our street to the pond everyday, seeing what good uncles my brothers are, hanging out with ma mere, taking in the Colorado mountains.  It was funny for me this time because when I went "home", this time it didn't feel like my "home".  I missed my own home, bed, etc. But it was really more than that, I had friends that I missed.  Luckily where we live has every kind of food, shopping, etc. that we love...so I didn't miss that either.  This has been the first time it has felt like this for me, so it was different.  Other news....we are ever getting closer to purchasing our first.....HOUSE. I was going to psyche you out and say BBQ but I just couldn't.  Yes, we have been narrowing down some choices and maybe will be putting an offer in, in the next couple weeks....Yeah!  We are excited!


A is for Alex.....what a cute little boy.  Everyday when I wake up and see him...I just think, how in the world did I get such a cute little boy.  He is a little jibber jabberer and is always the life of the party....he definitely gets this from me!  Haha, he has the greatest sense of humor ever, and is very happy, as long as he not getting disciplined, restrained or not ill.  He is a mountain climber, marathon runner, car pusher extraordinaire...we are working on his swimming with sharks skills.  This kid has the energy of the energizer bunny times infinity.  He is working on new words everyday and is just so interested in the world, much to the chagrin of his worn out mother.



In other news....yes....now has come the time to gloat....we are indeed living in the inferno.  Those of you with pleasant temperatures now may call and give me my rightful dose of  "what is your weather like?", grinning ear to ear, knowing that I will say...."well it is supposed to be 99 degrees today and yet it feels more like 140 degrees"...yes you have my permission.  But don't be too surprised to find me poolside and loving it....eating popsicles, ice cream, lemonade and extremely tan.   (Anybody else hearing That 70's Show in their head right now...."but Pam's so tan?" haha).  I will be sweating to sleep every night in my best efforts to keep the sauna weight loss program going.  I'll let you know how it goes....well sorry for the pictureless post...maybe next time.  Until then.....I'm out like a rainbow trout.

3 comments:

Mary said...

So many one-liners in your post, that I lost count, haha. I can't wait to hear about your soon-to-be new home...we're so excited for you guys! And please tell the marathon runner that he and tyson need to stop training for it, it's exhausting.

jeffylou said...

Well we are having wonderful temperatures in Utah and they are holding out for you to come any time:) I am so glad you are enjoying life, that's what it is about!

dangle said...

My siegetank beats your Zergling, mortal.