Monday, November 1, 2010

HAPPY BERFDAY!

We celebrated Alex's birthday recently and I thought it was time for the birthday post! We had a balloon theme. We had helium balloons and the kids (not really most of them though) watched Up!. It was tons of fun and I think, even though he was really tired, Alex enjoyed having all of his friends and family come over. Thanks again to everyone who came and made it a success!

Documenting my attempt at "craftiness". This is a balloon cake, in case you couldn't figure it out...going along with the whole balloon theme ya know. We made white and carrot cake cupcakes, so Alex would have some nutrition, i.e. vegetables.

I thought it turned out cute, especially for me. We did have colored frosting everywhere for a little while though. Small price to pay to the party gods!

He loved the lit candle and of course as a quintessential toddler, tried to grab it. No success in getting him to blow the candle out either.

Luckily, Evie was there to help us out! Haha.

Okay Mom, I really can eat this, smush this, do whatever I want?!

He loved eating his cake too!

This is his friend/cousin Sheyden. They are about nine months apart but love seeing each other. Alex had one other friend, who was his age there too, but Braxton was a little elusive for a photograph. Mainly, I was not very good at taking pictures. I wish I could have gotten a picture of all three of them together.

We opened presents and he seemed to love his lawn mower and everything that he got. But he was extremely tired, so we couldn't get the full effect of enjoyment.


It's so funny that he loves tearing up all sorts of important papers, but when it comes to unwrapping presents, he really had no interest. He loved all of his presents though.


I felt like the party was a success overall and Phill and I crashed early that night....it was busy. Happy Birthday Alexander! We love you!
P.S. Thanks to Phill the cameraman....couldn't have done it without you!

6 comments:

HeatherLovesClay said...

What a cute party! I really love the cupcakes! I can't believe that Alex is one already. What a stinkin' cute kid! We sure miss you guys!

Isaac Byers Family said...

Alex's balloon themed party was really cute and he's adorable! I thought the cake was really cute too, Jenny! Hope ya'll are adjusting well to Texas and we're really hoping to see ya'll soon-we're only 2 hrs away!

Eldredge Fam. said...

Happy late birthday Alex! Man, has it been a year already??

We're coming up on our year marker too...

Looks like a great birthday :) Good job Jen, the cake looked great (or cupcakes to be more correct)

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

Cute cute cute! Look at you, you crafty woman you - great job! Everything looks so great! Alex is so very cute and it looks like he had a blast! I can't believe he is already one. What a big boy!

jeffylou said...

I can't believe your little baby is already one! I miss him so much already, thank goodness he chatted with me on the phone the other day.

Shalisa Hazleton said...

Very creative! It was a very fun party! I'm glad we were invited! We hope all is well with you (except the park thing of course). We sure miss hanging out with you guys!