
Well, June was awful and July was good. So I guess that the universe is back in alignment once again. So Phill has commented (like many other bloggers might I add), that my pictures are not on the blog...Well, get ready for the most unflattering post ever on this blog. So I have been trying to run, and in the course of these events I have participated in three 5K's in July. This the start of the first one, as you can see I am the wonderfully coiffed girl in the very front, getting ready to complete the course in 21 minutes or less. HAHA.

Without this friend, I probably would not even be running (and my spouse, who is my personal cross country coach). Thanks Shalisa! Hopefully many more races are to come for us.....By the way, she did awesome in this race and I was little less please with my performance. Oh well it was my first 5K, and I thought it was a little hard. Looking back though, I wish that I could run it over again now. These are pictures from the Blanding July 4th 5K.

Some of my family was out for the American Fork Steel Days 5K. My brother (in the black) and my cousin (in the blue) did awesome in it. And of course my mother kicked my trash all over the place. But I did completely run the entire thing, which I was very proud of and I thought the course was a really nice run. They also gave medals to the first 500 and gave tons of prizes. Next year, I plan on doing it again...any takers?

This picture is just after finishing the Monticello Lloyd's Lake 5K. Obivously, Shalisa knows better than to look at the camera. I am covered in sweat and gnats and this race was a lot harder than I thought. I did run (reads slow jog) the entire thing. So hopefully the next race I can take off some time. And yes this is me, very large and in charge.

We did great and now on to 10K's! Right Shalisa? ;)
The Monticello Lloyd's Lake 5k is not for the faint of heart either. It is not your run of the mill 5K on the road. I think the elevation is 7100 ft. There is definitely less air up there!
3 comments:
Good for you for getting out there and running. 5k's are fun!! It's always so much better when you have a friend to do it with you.
I am working on the 10k. :) I guess. LOL! If you do it I do it right? Thanks for posting the pictures! SAD SAD you are getting job offers! We understand though! Let us know when you are taking off so we can hang out as much as we can before you leave!
You did it! Great job, Jenny. You're amazing. I hope to hear more about those job offers!
Post a Comment