Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Phill and I had tons of fun this Halloween dressing up and partying hardy. Our friends David and Mary decided to throw a Halloween Soiree. Everyone said it was nice to have an "adult" Halloween party to go to. It was pretty risque let me tell you!


Here are Phill and I with our frightening hosts David and Mary. They make really good scary vampires...I think this is their signature costume. If you cannot tell what Phill and I are let me tell you....I am a Greek Goddess (definitely not to be mistaken for Princess Leia). Someone in the grocery store called me Princess Leia buns. Irksome really...and Phill is Andre Kirilenko, one of the famed Jazz players.



And let me just say I love homemade costumes. My costume came from 3 yards of white fabric and gold ribbon. Phill's obviously came from a fan-based closet. Its wonderful!



Our friends Beth and Blake Hendricks came too, and it was really great to see them. They had really cute costumes obviously. Blake was a Roman Soldier- kind of like Maximus on Gladiator and Beth we decided was a German Milk Maid or a Yoddeler. Awesome. We were just sitting around eating some nachos and drinking some Witch's Brew.




David and Mary had tons of awesome decorations at their house. It was really cool, any movement that you made would set off some creepy haunted thing. Here is a picture (compliment to Mary) of the Witch's Brew. Which is just soda poured over dry ice.


Group Picture!


This is Andre Kirilenko's new signature look. I believe we call it "Blue Steel".


So I love pulling the guts out of the pumpkin...but it always seems that once you start sticking both your hands in you start getting itches everywhere. Phill was obliging and itching one of the many itches on my arm... Phill was the artistic talent when it came down to carving time.


While Phill was carving our pumpkin, I helped Mary sort out the seeds from the guts. I kept on squishing my hands down in the guts making gross noises. Mary was not amused. Here we are about to eat the guts though...it was tempting..


In front of the three cool pumpkins that were carved that night...can you guess which one is Phill's?


If you guessed the Batman pumpkin...you are right! He is really good at drawing and did not even trace this or anything...not that it is really amazing but those of us that can hardly draw stick people admire any kind artistic ability.


Check out the spooky eery eyes behind the pumpkins. That is Donna who kept singing "Ring Around the Rosies" in a really creepy high voice. One of the many things around the Bookout's house that was spooky.


Final Group Picture! It was tons of fun, we watched Thriller, carved pumpkins, listened to music but mostly just hung out and have a good time. The other people there, Phill and I just met but their was a cute family of M&M's and a Devil Woman with a Mad Doctor....I just love Halloween!

The next night we went to a Mardi Gras Murder Mystery. It was really fun. Here are our friends Clay and Heather that were awesome hosts. They obviously had the best costumes for the murder mystery. Heather was a trampy Vegas show girl and Clay was supposed to be a low-paid jazz musician in New Orleans. We ate gumbo, listened to Jazz and solved the Murder Mystery. It was really fun.



Clay and Heather...I mean Melissa DuPre and Bourbon DuPre (no relation).


Phill and I were the almost engaged couple Matthew "Gator" Crovitz the jerky-making Bayou boy turned lawyer (preppy meets Bayou boy) and Alexis DuPre Southern Belle Extrodinaire. Phill's costume was supposed to be a fisherman combined with a preppy law student. I was supposed to be in a ball gown with a tiara and sash but last minute could not find either, alas. I tried a Southern Bell accent that did not really work. Oh well. It was really fun. The Mardi Gras King's lawyer ended up being the killer but we all seemed to have interesting motives for wanting the guy dead. There were eight people overall. Warning: some parts were a little risque but still hilarious... It was preetty fun! Hope you all had a great Halloween!

6 comments:

Eldredge Fam. said...

Our Halloween wasn't as eventful as yours but we had fun. I love the Jazz player look for Phil, though it's almost 180 of his real persona. Fun fun, it's hard to find dry ice here. I really wanted some for our night of spookiness.

Kevin and Camille Jensen said...

Kirilenko? Wouldn't he be spending his time playing World of Warcraft instead of celebrating Halloween? Just a question. By the way, why is my word verification for this comment "nomen"? Jenny, if you don't want me putting stupid comments on your blog, just tell me. It looks like you all made the most out of a terrible celebratory day. Ha. Ha.

Francom Family said...

Your party looks so fun. Maybe you should consider Princess Leia;), JK. James is going to chanllenge Phil in a pumpkin carving contest.

jeffylou said...

Looks like you had a great Halloween! I would never have thought Princess Leia I was definitely thinking Greek Goddess.

Jenelle said...

I love how much fun you two have with things. My husband is too much of a stiff to ever have fun at a costume party. Live it up for me!

Unknown said...

What ever, me being a Jazz player is totally me. So myabe you got your degrees wrong. It would be a 360 not a 180 of me.

Kevin, if it were up to me, you would be welcome to put as many stupid comments as you would like . You just have to leave the negative Jazz comments out (new rule ever since I found out how to get on this site).

Bring it on James, just know that my pumkin will have special affects like fire. No wait, that will be your pumpkin that will be burning asuming that it looks better than mine...

Jen wanted me to go in a toga but I thought that would damage people the other guests for life so I played it safe by showing only minimal skin (and hair for that matter).

Jenelle, you could tell John to go as "Mr. Scrooge" or as an actual "stiff" and then he wouldn't even have to change to go to one of these. Just a thought...