skip to main |
skip to sidebar
In case you were wondering....I really am a blonde.
So in case you wondering....I really am a blonde undercover. From time to time, I have really spacey-blonde days. Needless to say, today was one of those days. I was driving to work, just like any other normal day when I start hearing this chopping sound like there is a helicopter right above my car. I start trying to look out the windows to see it and look at other cars to see if anyone else is hearing it. After a couple of blocks, I give up trying to look for it but it sounds so close, even when I keep driving. Hmmm......so then I realize that is probably not a helicopter above my head, but it is my car making that sound. So I then try turning down the radio and listening around and still nothing....Then I figure that I should pull over to see if I can figure it out. So my rear tire is really, really flat....I'm surprised I didn't dent the rim for as long as I had been driving on it. So those of you who know me well that anything relating to cars (i.e. accidents, getting pulled over, nicks in the windshield, flat tires) I lose it. I lose all sense of stuff that I normally know how to do and become irrational and helpless. So of course I call Phill crying and he starts to talk me through how to change the tire, even though we have gone through this before. Then we go through the check list of the items we need to change the tire: spare tire-check, jack-check, little bolt thing for special bolt-check...uh-oh no tire hammer (that bar thing used to get all of the bolts off). Lucky me- I had pulled over right next to a Big-O-Tires. They were able to air up my tire and pull it into their shop and tell me that my tire was beyond repair. Oh joy....I then paid them $5.33 to put on my spare.In my spaciness I thought Phill wanted me to keep the flat tire so that he could look at it, he has since told me that was not the case. So I went in to Costco to get 2 new tires (of course they make you buy them in pairs-the law), and tell them that I want the tire kept in the back (which is the flat tire from earlier in the day). So I get home with two new rear tires and one "not flat" tire in the back. They had chucked the tire that was flat and put the not flat one in the back instead.
Then later in the day after eating 1/3 package of chocolate chip cookies... I go to pick up Phill from the train. We pick up his car and he is following me home (this is our daily ritual to save gas, he drives to the bus stop in the morning, then I pick him up from the train and we go pick up his car from the bus stop) and I am making a left hand turn on a green light with no arrow, Phill is right behind me. I am basically in the middle of the intersection and apparently (not to my knowledge) the light turns red and cars start going the opposite way. Oh shoot, this barely occurs to me as I have to back up. Phill could tell you more instances today...this is why he and I both believe that I am a blonde undercover...as smart as I may appear. It is an act I assure you.
Wonderful New Tires!! And beware of those helicopters above your car....
6 comments:
Oh, you're not the only one who has had those type of problems. My poor Tristian has broken MANY a time. Boy do I have some stories to tell. :)
There should be a law against helicopters flying so close to your vehicle. We all have our moments. I think it's a government conspiracy!
Ok, so I know what you mean about the helicopter!! Except when we got a bad flat, I was sure someone was shooting at us. I yelled and ducked. Shameful I know, but for Pete's sake, I wasn't about to keep sitting up straight and let someone blow my head off!
Oh Jenny...I can totally picture it and I wish I was there. Well except when you almost turned through on coming traffic...haha, oh you know i love ya.
Jenn I have to say I love that you decided to keep the flat tire so that Phil could look at it. I also thought Big-O tire wouldn't be out anything to change your tire for free, it would give you a warm fuzzy feeling when ever you think of Big-O.
This was so fun to read, mostly because I could relate. I have twice (though years ago) pulled out into the left lane, one of the times drove toward the horrified expression of an oncoming friend before realizing that I was driving on the wrong side of the road! So glad that I was living in low-traffic Monticello back then, and also so glad we all have those spacey moments... :)
Post a Comment